Mobile Deposit Tips and Best Practices
Security Best Practices
- Secure your mobile device with a password/PIN and biometric fingerprint (if available).
- Set the device to auto-lock after a set number of minutes.
- Never share any of your passwords or PINs with anyone.
- Keep your mobile device in a secure location when not in use.
Using Mobile Deposit
- Read the Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions.
- Sign/Endorse the back of your check. Endorsement must read “Mobile Deposit Only”.
- Before logging into the Mobile Banking app, close all other apps running in the background on your mobile phone.
- Log in to the Mobile Banking App and select “Deposits”.
- Select “Deposit A Check” and choose the depository account.
- Carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking the photos.
- Place the check on solid dark background in a well-lit area.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking photos.
- When "Check Front" appears, keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen and make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before accepting the image.
- No shadows across the check
- All four corners are visible
- Check is not clear, not blurry
- The MICR line is readable (numbers on bottom of check)
- Select “Retake” or "Use" as required to ensure a clean photo.
- Repeat the photo process for "Check Back.”
- Confirm deposit - choose "Edit" or "Make Deposit." "Deposit Pending" will appear.
- FYI, under “Deposits” you can “View mobile deposit history” to see “Pending” or “Accepted” or "Failed" status.
- Retain the physical check in a secure location until the deposit has been posted to your account (allow at least 5 business days), then SHRED the check. A cross-cut shredder is recommended.
NOTE: Funds deposited before 5:00 PM Mountain Time are generally available the next business day. To verify that the deposit has been accepted and posted to your account, select “Accounts” within Mobile Banking to view transaction history. The posted transaction will show as “Mobile Deposit.” As with any deposited item, a check could be returned for reasons such as stop payment, improper endorsement, or non-sufficient funds.
For questions, contact our Customer Service team Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Mountain Time at 800-824-2692.