Mobile Deposit Tips and Best Practices
Security Best Practices
- Secure your mobile device with a password.
- Set the device to auto-lock after a set number of minutes.
- Never share any of your passwords with anyone.
- Keep your mobile device in a secure location when not in use.
Using Mobile Deposit
- Read the Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions.
- Sign/Endorse the back of your check, and label it “For Deposit Only”.
- Before logging into the Mobile Deposit app (“Touch Banking” icon), close all other apps running in the background on your mobile phone.
- Log in to the Mobile Banking App and select “Deposits”.
- Select “New Deposit” and select the depository account.
- When prompted for the amount, carefully enter the check amount to ensure it matches the amount written on your check.
- Flatten folded or crumpled checks before taking the photos.
- Place the check on solid dark background in a well-lit area.
- Keep your phone flat and steady above the check when taking photos.
- When prompted to “Capture Front,” keep the check within the view finder on the camera screen and make sure that the entire check image is visible and in focus before accepting the image.
- No shadows across the check
- All four corners are visible
- Check is not clear, not blurry
- The MICR line is readable (numbers on bottom of check)
- Select “Use Photo” or “Retake” as required ensuring a clean photo.
- Repeat the photo process to “Capture Back.”
- Answer “Yes” if you wish to deposit the check or “No” to cancel.
- “Deposit Pending” will appear. All deposits display as Pending upon submission. The deposit will show as pending until posted or rejected by the Bank.
- Under “Deposits” you can “View Deposit History” to see “Deposit Pending” or “Deposit Accepted” status.
- Confirm that the deposit has been accepted and posted into your account via the transaction history screen.
- Retain the physical check in a secure location until the deposit has been posted to your account (allow at least 5 business days), then SHRED the check. A cross-cut shredder is recommended.
- To verify that the deposit has been accepted, select “Accounts,” “Account Details” for specific account, then “Transaction History.” The posted transaction will show as “Mobile Deposit.”
NOTE: Funds are generally available the following business day. As with any deposited item, a check could be returned for reasons such as stop payment, improper endorsement, or non-sufficient funds, after being accepted by the Mobile Deposit app.