We are pleased to announce our conversion to MasterCard® debit for all debit card holders!
Your current Visa® debit card will soon be replaced with a First Montana Bank MasterCard® debit card with the added security of chip technology.
As an existing Visa® card holder, you do not need to request a new MasterCard® chip-enabled card. All existing debit cards will be replaced, at no cost, and mailed to you in June,
Remember, your new card will have a new card number. If you have any recurring payments set up, please be sure to contact those merchants with your new card number to avoid any
interruption in service.
Watch for your new First Montana Bank MasterCard® debit card to arrive in the mail in the next few weeks. Activate your card immediately to take advantage of the many benefits that come
with your new MasterCard®. Your card must be activated before it can be used.
To activate your new card and set a PIN:
Stop by your local branch
In addition to your new MasterCard® with the added security of chip technology, we are also introducing a new service called Card Valet®. With Card Valet® you'll be able to
proactively manage your debit card anytime, anywhere, using our mobile app on your smartphone!
With your new MasterCard® debit card, you’ll be able to access your money and use your card anywhere in the world MasterCard® is accepted, including Costco. And with Zero Liability*
it’s safer than carrying cash because you’ll be protected from unauthorized purchases.
For a complete Guide to Benefits, click here:
With our new CardValet® service, you’ll be able to proactively manage your new MasterCard® debit card anytime, anywhere, through your smart phone. You can monitor and instantly control card
transactions and much
more with a variety of custom options.
Click here to view a tutorial.
- Why are you replacing my existing card with a new MasterCard® debit card?
- We’ve partnered with MasterCard® to better serve you. Your replacement card will allow us to provide you with uninterrupted service as we work with MasterCard® to enhance the
security, benefits and services available to you as a valued First Montana Bank customer. Your MasterCard® debit card will also come with an embedded microchip that provides an extra layer
of security with every transaction.
- What is microchip technology?
- Your chip card comes with technology which makes each transaction more secure by creating a unique dynamic code which is nearly impossible to counterfeit. Regardless of what type of terminal a
merchant has, you’ll be able to use your card anywhere MasterCard® is accepted, even over the phone or online.
- How do I make a chip transaction?
- Step 1: At chip-enabled terminals, insert your card with the chip toward the terminal, facing up.
Step 2: Provide your signature or PIN as prompted by the terminal. If the amount is low, you may not have to do either.
Step 3: When the terminal says the transaction is complete, remove your card.
- Will my PIN number change?
- You will select your MasterCard® debit card PIN number when you call to activate your new card. For convenience, you may select the same PIN number you used with your old card.
- What should I do about charges automatically billed to my old card?
- You must provide your new card number and expiration date to companies (like online service providers, or utility companies) that automatically bill your card.
- When will my existing Visa® debit card stop working?
- We encourage you to activate your new MasterCard® debit card immediately and destroy your old Visa® debit card.
All existing Visa® debit cards will be terminated on July 17, 2017.